Ladakh has the potential to be the major solar energy producer of the country. The Government of India in its National Solar Mission plans to install as much as 25 GW of SPV plants in the region, which is one-fourth of the total envisioned capacity. Additionally, the sector presents immense entrepreneurial opportunities in the region waiting to be tapped. Towards this end, HIAL intends to increase the skills of locals in this sector so that local employment can be generated which is in line with the National Skills Mission.
About the Workshop
This is a 10-15 days-long course focussing on different aspects of installing a household scale SPV plant. It is an opportunity for promising youth interested to build a career in the SPV industry. The course’s USP is that the participants will be responsible for actually installing and commissioning a 7kW Solar Rooftop Plant at one of HIAL’s net Energy Positive Building besides learning about the designing process and creatively thinking about secondary applications of SPV installation in a region like Ladakh.
To be announced
During the course our participants would:
- Install and commission a 7.3 kW system to understand the process of commissioning of a SPV system
- Creatively think about secondary applications of SPV Installations
- Learn about various advancements in the field of SPV from industry leaders and practitioners
- Visit other SPV installations around Leh to understand the issues of SPV systems in ladakh and then devise solutions for them
- Experience of design and on-field installation of a 7 kW rooftop SPV System
- O&M Best Practices for maximising the performance
- Understanding of problems that arise in SPV installations in Ladakh and how to address them
- Keen interest to build a career in the SPV sector
- Basic understanding of electricity and distribution systems (AC/DC, Voltage, Ampere, parallel and Series electrical Connections, Power and Energy).
- Previous experience of working in the SPV sector is a bonus.
The fee for this course is Rs 3000 per individual (excluding accommodation charges).
Your stay will be organised in farmstays in Phyang village. (HIAL students are charged Rs. 300/day). Alternatively, participants can arrange their own accommodation as per their convenience.
Need based scholarship available for a limited number of students.
Lead faculty: Rohit Ranjan
Course mentor: Gitanjali
Course Consultant: Sonam Wangchuk
Grading and attendance
Grading: The grades are awarded on the assignments designed as per 3H principles.
Attendance: 90 percent attendance is mandatory. Students shall be awarded the certificate only on the completion of the course with required marks.