Himalayan Institute of Alternatives, Ladakh (HIAL) is very happy to welcome interns. There are ample number of opportunities at HIAL and its teams, one can browse through the details in the following section.
- The Opportunity
HIAL is a place to work on projects related to sustainability in domains as wide as energy, ice stupa, plantation, communication, construction, as well as tourism. Interns at HIAL can explore Ladakh both culturally and professionally. The work here is built around hands on experience applying theoretical knowledge and experiential learning.
- Internship Details
- Each team has a specific criterion of selection followed by two rounds of interview by the HR and the team coordinator. Before applying, please fill out the online form and attach a detailed CV for due consideration with a Statement of Purpose stating what the individual can contribute to the team/project. The selected candidates will be sent an offer letter reflecting the date of joining and duration of the project. For international students valid passport visa and permission is mandatory.
- The average duration for internship with HIAL is 2-6 months depending upon the project’s requirements.
- The interns will be paid a stipend @ Rs.7000/-per month for the period of internship. Either they would be paid in their existing bank accounts or via cheques.
- On successful completion of the internship, experience certificate will be provided to the interns
- Boarding & Lodging
- Accommodation would be provided in HIAL’s hostel in the picturesque village of Phyang village. (cost/rent)
- Travel expense shall be borne by interns.
- Leave & Holiday
- In case of emergency, it will be considered as unpaid leave. ***
- In case of planned leave, the intern will have to cover the duration of leave taken by extending the internship period. ***
- In case if the intern is working on a weekend or any other holiday, he or she is eligible for a compensatory leave.
- Closed holiday and Restricted holiday are applicable to interns.